"Le cordonier est le plus mal chaussé" would be a great analogy of me and my web presence right now.

Friday, November 05, 2004

My first full time job

Yesterday was a significant day - I got my first full time job, and I feel so lucky. I will be working full time as a web developer at bam creative as soon as my exams are over. This there will be no holidays for me when I finish my degree, but hey, I don't care! I drove straight to subway after I signed the employment contract, to let them know that I won't be coming back to work after my exams. They were happy for me, even if this means that they will have to find and train someone else to replace me.

Everything seems to be falling into place. I'm applying for my premanent residency in Australia, graduating and I got a job where I get to do what I love doing. The people at bam creative are great. The atmosphere is informal and everybody get along very well. I have been made very welcome for the few times I've been there. I'm sure I'll learn lots from the team. Hopefully I'll be able to get up to speed pretty fast. I will probably have to put in extra hours getting familiar with the projects that I will be taking on, but I won't be the only one doing that. Most of the staff seem to stay over after hours. I guess that's what you get when people are doing something they are passionate about.

But I'm getting ahead of myself... There's this small event called exams that I've got to take care of first.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaeboy said...

A dream come true...

11:55 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats.

Stephen

1:26 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home